Updated June 2011 – with FLAG webservice now being able to convert Twilighted.net stories I’ve updated the individual device sections as well.
This info is for reading fanfiction offline eg. saved to your device to read when not connected to the internet.
It is an assumption that all the devices below can read PDF files. However, you usually can’t adjust the font size or jump between chapters easily on PDFs. There are better formats for each specific device and I’ll walk you through how to make each one.
Preface – I use an iPhone and iPad. I do not own the other devices but this is info I’ve learned from researching mobile ebook reading online for some time. Comments or corrections are welcome.
Instructions for Downloading Fanfiction.net and Twilighted.net
By Device (click on the device link for more info):
- epub files
- Stanza app is my preferred app
- epub files
- Stanza preferred, iBooks and Kobobooks also in the running
- can read mobi files
- many options – see the list
- Kindle client reads mobi files and can sync with existing Kindle device
- other clients like eBooks by Kobo or FBReader use epub
- reads epub or also BBeB/LRF files
- reads epub files
If there is a device not listed here that you’d like to include or if you have questions or corrections please email TwilightCupcake at twimobile(at)gmail(dot)com.